- Court Business
- Clerk's Office
- Representing Yourself
- About the Court
- Site Map
On May 12, 1900, Congress passed a law creating the Western District of New York from the Northern District of New York.
The Michael J. Dillon United States Courthouse in Buffalo has been determined to be eligible for the National Register of Historic Places as a contributing component to the Joseph Ellicott Historic District.
The Keating Building in Rochester, erected in 1973, emphasizes the separation between the branches of the United States Government. The District Court is housed in the two-story building to the south, and is joined by an atrium with a six-story building to the north which houses employees of the Executive and Legislative branches.